Paxful is a leading peer-to-peer powered bitcoin marketplace and a universal money translator. Our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 financial networks that empowers both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in New York, with offices in Estonia, Hong Kong, the Philippines and Johannesburg. Currently, we have over 160 dedicated employees globally and are growing rapidly. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
Paxful team tends to have:
An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
Proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
Sounds like a fit?
What you'll be doing:
- Write efficient, testable, and reusable code
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Work closely with our developers and product owners in an agile team
- Help to troubleshoot, test and maintain the product
- Follow company coding standards
- Perform code reviews and mentor your peers
- Cover your code with tests
What you’ll bring to this role:
- At least 5 years of the development experience
- Strong Python and OOP skills
- Production experience with microservices at least 2 years, good understanding of microservices architecture
- Good knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with frameworks like Django, Flask, aiohttp
- Experience with Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ or similar
- Working with the high-load systems
- Understanding of security threats and “security by design” principles
- Be ready to work in the fast-growing environment
- Experience of working in a team
- A desire to relocate to Tallinn, capital of Estonia. Tallinn is known for its medieval Old Town, sea and breathtaking green parks.
- Good verbal and written English
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Interest in cryptocurrencies
- Catered lunch and dinner daily, with premium snacks
- Gym membership of your choice and personal training sessions
- Sports nutrition and supplements
- Massage and chiropractic sessions
- Training and professional development resources covered by company
- Paid company events and retreats
- One-time bonus to support newborn
- Office in the city center with an amazing view of the Old Town
- Flexible hours