Paxful is one of the world’s leading peer-to-peer bitcoin marketplaces and a universal money translator. Powered by people and a secure escrow service, our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 payment methods that empower both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in Estonia, with additional offices in New York, Hong Kong, and the Philippines. Currently, we have over 200 dedicated employees globally and are steadily growing by the day. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
We are looking for a motivated and open-minded Office Assistant who thrives in a startup environment. We have a unique office culture that embraces autonomy and gives you the freedom to grow in your role. We are committed to training and developing all employees, so if you have a growth mindset and are ready to join one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, this is your place.
Paxful employees tend to have:
- An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
- A proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
- Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
- Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
- An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
- Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
What you'll be doing:
- Assisting People Operations department in office maintenance tasks:
• ensure that basic facilities are in working conditions
• organise and maintain shared office areas
• keep kitchen clean and presentable
• being contact person between employees and food providers
- Provide general support to office visitors, employees from other offices, newcomers, guests, repairmen, catering & delivery companies
- Manage meeting calendar
- Assist in ad-hoc projects
What you'll bring to the table:
- Experience as an Office or Administrative assistant or similar role
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Fluency in Estonian, English and Russian
- Experience with task management tools, such as Jira, Asana or Trello
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Gsuite tools and calendar management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
Ideally, you also have:
- Experience with start-up culture
- Working experience with the Atlassian stack (Jira and Confluence)
- A keen interest in cryptocurrency and blockchain industries
- A learning mindset