Compliance and Fraud Analyst
Paxful is one of the world’s leading peer-to-peer bitcoin marketplaces and a universal money translator. Powered by people and a secure escrow service, our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 payment methods that empower both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in Estonia, with additional offices in New York, Hong Kong, and the Philippines. Currently, we have over 130 dedicated employees globally and are steadily growing by the day. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
Paxful employees tend to have:
- An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
- A proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
- Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
- Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
- An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
- Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
What you'll be doing:
- Your role will span from contributing to clearing queues for Fraud and AML alerts to designing what goes into those queues
- Conduct in-depth account activity investigations through analysis of disparate sources of data (IP log-in, customer support tickets, trade activity, blockchain analysis etc.) in response to internal and external escalations and document the findings
- Investigate fraud rings
- Collaborate with customer support
- Review and clear transaction monitoring AML alerts
- Review KYC documents
- Collaborate with Customer Support
- Use various fraud software's tools in order to proactively identify any fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity across all trading activity. Building user behaviour models that can be used for automatization
- Monitor constantly customer transactional/trade records to identify illicit transactions and fraudulent accounts
- Conduct risk assessment of different user segments, single users and different payment methods.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- You have a fundamental understanding of anti-money laundering and fraud
- 2+ years experience in AML/Fraud prevention in virtual currency space, FinTech, or MSBs
- Familiarity with online fraud and scams, the fraudster psychology.
- Extremely organized and metrics-driven
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced and tech-oriented environment within a global team setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills also attention to details
- A creative attitude with the ability to think outside the box
- Knowledge and experience with Bitcoin and blockchain.
- Knowledge of modern methodologies and tools used for AML/fraud management
Preferred Technical know-how:
- Experience with writing SQL databases and inquiries.
- Use of blockchain analytics tool is preferred but not required
As a plus:
- 1 year of experience in customer service
- Previous experience of fraud prevention in Bitcoin trading industry.
- Participation in different AML/Compliance training, conferences.