Paxful is one of the world’s leading peer-to-peer bitcoin marketplaces and a universal money translator. Powered by people and secure escrow service, our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 payment methods that empower both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in Estonia, with additional offices in New York, Hong Kong, and the Philippines. Currently, we have over 130 dedicated employees globally and are steadily growing by the day. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
Paxful teams tend to have:
- An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
- A proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
- Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
- Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
- An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
- Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
Paxful is seeking a Verification Specialists to join our rapidly growing cryptocurrency compliance team. You will be based out of our Hong Kong office and work with our global compliance team based in NYC and Estonia. You will help us to build a trusted community of our customers and makes the platform safe. You’ll be using your analytical mindset and ability to pay attention to the smallest detail as you work through user verifications. You will use your communication skills to interact with our users to address their questions. Your role will span from contributing to clearing verification queues and other various compliance alerts.
What you’ll be doing:
- Review and monitor complex customer verification documents and cases
- Communicate with customers as required to handle escalated or complicated cases
- Interact via chat/email with customers to address questions about verification
- Escalate any suspicions cases for further investigations
- Share knowledge across teams, delivering a great customer experience and contributing through side projects and ideas on process, policy or product improvements
- Monitor users’ accounts and trading activity for suspicious or risky activity in accordance with the company's rules and regulations
- Assist in a clearing of various AML monitoring alerts
What you’ll bring to this role:
- Min. 2 years of previous work experience in the compliance/risk sector;
- Experience working with ID verification and work with corresponding documents.
- Have a deep understanding of different business models, customer types, country risks and regulatory requirements across multiple geographies;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and control time effectively
- Punctuality, independence, pro-activity and willingness to get things done
- Strong ability in using IT for professional use and can handle somewhat technical queries from customers.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- At least 1-year experience as a customer service representative, preferably in the finance industry or E-commerce
- Have used Jumio, Trulioo or another verification provider
- Experience in Anti-fraud area or Compliance is a big plus.
- Knowledge of the cryptocurrency/blockchain field is a big plus
- Ability to speak Mandarin and read (simplified) Chinese characters and/or from mainland background
- Familiarity with Alipay and/or WeChat payments
- Flexible with working hours, as this position may require doing day and night shifts.
- Flexible hours
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance, including dental
- Catered lunch and dinner daily
- Gym membership
- Sponsorship on employee wellness activities
- Paid maternity/paternity leave including a special one-time bonus to support newborn
- Transportation allowance
- Training and education allowance
- Paid company retreats
- Regular office massage