Paxful is a leading peer-to-peer powered bitcoin marketplace and a universal money translator. Our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 financial networks that empowers both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in New York, with offices in Estonia, Hong Kong and the Philippines. Currently, we have over 200 dedicated employees globally and are growing rapidly. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
Paxful teams tend to have:
- An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
- A proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
- Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
- Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
- An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
- Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
Sound like a fit?
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer who will carry out projects with the utmost quality. Working with the Tech. team at the New York office, you'll be using your skills in writing test automations to ensure thorough delivery of company solutions.
What you'll be doing:
- Test newly developed software, features, and record any bugs or performance issues
- Reviewing specifications for corner cases
- Writing test cases according to the specifications
- Develop and maintain manual and automated tests
- Collaborate with QA Engineers to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
What you’ll bring to this role:
- At least 3 years of proven experience as a QA engineer
- Ability to document and troubleshoot bugs
- Solid knowledge of QA methodologies
- Close work with Confluence, Jira, and Testrail
- Experience with Protractor framework
- Strong knowledge of specifications
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced and informal environment
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience with PHP would be a great plus
- Knowledge of financial markets, banking or exchanges
- Interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain and/or financial technology
- Healthcare insurance, including dental and vision
- Catered lunch and dinner daily, with premium snacks
- Gym membership of your choice and personal training sessions
- Sports nutrition and supplements, massages and chiropractor sessions
- Training and professional development resources
- Paid company events and retreats
- Paid maternity/paternity leave including a one-time bonus to support newborn
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
- Accessible office in the West Village
- Flexible hours