UX Research Assistant
Paxful is a leading peer-to-peer powered bitcoin marketplace and a universal money translator. Our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 financial networks that empowers both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in New York, with offices in Estonia, Hong Kong, the Philippines and Johannesburg. Currently, we have over 160 dedicated employees globally and are growing rapidly. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
Paxful team tends to have:
An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
Proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
We're looking for a UX Research Assistant that is detail-oriented, has a great time and project management skills, is proactive in thinking through the process, and always feels the need to execute a study. The UX Research Assistant will be responsible for recruiting, screening, and organizing all research activities in Nigeria, Kenya, and South Africa. This position is a great opportunity to start your journey in UX and grow your career as a UX researcher.
You should be comfortable working remotely as a freelance contractor, collaborating closely with the team in Estonia.
Sounds like a fit? What you'll be doing:
- Administer user research participant screeners, questionnaires, and surveys as needed
- Recruit and schedule research participants for internal and external studies; coordinate the logistics of user research, diary studies, device tracking, and participant follow-up
- Assist UX Researchers with software and hardware study preparation activities, such as research planning, test material creation, lab setup, etc
- Collaborate with UX Researchers to identify creative ways to recruit participants and innovate our methods of data collection and reporting
- Assist with the creation of reports that summarize research study findings, such as Keynote/PowerPoint decks, detailed usability documentation, and highlight videos
What you'll bring to the table:
- Great passion for UX Research
- BA/BS degree in HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, Communication, etc
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, prioritize time between multiple projects, and adapt to changing schedules and priorities
- Willingness to travel occasionally to support user research (South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, and other parts of Africa)
Ideally, you'll also have:
- At least one year of experience conducting, organizing and assisting with user experience or market research studies
- Experience in project management, event organization, or recruitment
- Flexible hours