Database Administrator (PostgreSQL)
Paxful is a leading peer-to-peer powered bitcoin marketplace and a universal money translator. Our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 financial networks that empowers both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in New York, with offices in Estonia, Hong Kong, the Philippines and Johannesburg. Currently, we have over 160 dedicated employees globally and are growing rapidly. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
Paxful team tends to have:
An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
Proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
Sounds like a fit?
Paxful is looking for a PostgreSQL DBA to DevOps team who will be responsible for managing and tuning high-availability PostgreSQL databases associated with heavily loaded web and mobile applications and providing recommendations for improvements and optimizations for current and future designs. You will assist in developing data migrations, writing SQL and reports and mentoring other engineers in optimizing and writing efficient queries.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and proactively review the monitoring of production PostgreSQL databases
- Participate in database design, data modeling and provide recommendations for improvement or optimizations
- Provide query/index optimizations
- Ensure database availability and performance
- Mentor other engineers in developing efficient SQL queries
- Prepare automation related to the database deployment and migrations
What you will bring to the table:
- Have 3+ years experience administrating and tuning PostgresSQL databases
- Understand PostgreSQL replication techniques, data warehouse design, and Amazon RDS
- Understand data modeling and performance troubleshooting
- Understand PostgreSQL tuning and optimization parameters
- Excellent experience performance tuning at the SQL and database levels
- Have experience with high availability and disaster recovery techniques
- Have experience with databases management in the microservice architecture
- Have experience with the automation tools based on Ansible/Terraform/scripts to manage databases and migrations
Ideally, you also have:
- Past experience with other database technologies such as No SQL database systems is a plus
- Experience with the Continue Integration solutions
- Catered lunch and dinner daily, with premium snacks
- Gym membership of your choice and personal training sessions
- Sports nutrition and supplements
- Massage and chiropractic sessions
- Training and professional development resources covered by company
- Paid company events and retreats
- One-time bonus to support newborn
- Office in the city center with an amazing view of the Old Town
- Flexible hours