Product UX Copywriter
Paxful is a leading peer-to-peer powered bitcoin marketplace and a universal money translator. Our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 financial networks that empowers both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in New York, with offices in Estonia, Hong Kong and the Philippines. Currently, we have over 200 dedicated employees globally and are growing rapidly. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
Paxful team tends to have:
An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
Proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
We are looking for a Product UX Copywriter who will build processes and culture of product copywriting in Paxful. Working with the Product team at the Tallinn office, you'll be using your copy-editing skills to ensure high quality of English copy across Paxful products and product-related materials (non-marketing). Responsibilities include reviewing copy for new and existing features to ensure they’re grammatically and stylistically correct and creating a style guide for product copywriting in Paxful. Ultimately, you will help Paxful sound fluent and natural for English speaking users.
Sounds like a fit? What you'll be doing:
- Build process of copy-editing for desktop and mobile products
- Work closely with designers, product managers, localization and customer experience teams. Collaborating with each, you’ll establish cohesive language and a unified voice across Paxful products and platforms.
- Work to shape product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete the task at hand.
- Split your time between tweaking and iterating on copy to gradually optimize parts of the experience, working through new features and providing copy for prototyping and testing.
- Create and help maintain UX writing guidelines across all platforms.
- Use data and research to evaluate and improve our product content strategy and contribute hypotheses for product copy A/B testing.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 2+ years of in-product writing experience the web and mobile user interfaces.
- Fluency in written and verbal English.
- Love language and have strong feelings about style, grammar, tone, and voice.
- Understand how copy and design work together, influence and contribute to overall user experience.
- Experience partnering with designers, researchers, and product managers.
- Ability to combine strong creative instincts with data-driven analysis.
- A portfolio of UX writing (please send with your application).
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Ability to work in a self-driven mode in a goal-oriented environment
- Certificates in correlating fields
- Experience or interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain and/or financial technology
- Catered lunch and dinner daily, with premium snacks
- Gym membership of your choice and personal training sessions
- Sports nutrition and supplements
- Massage and chiropractic sessions
- Training and professional development resources covered by company
- Paid company events and retreats
- One-time bonus to support newborn
- Office in the city center with an amazing view of the Old Town
- Flexible hours