Paxful is a leading peer-to-peer powered bitcoin marketplace and a universal money translator. Our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 financial networks that empowers both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in New York, with offices in Estonia, Hong Kong and the Philippines. Currently, we have over 200 dedicated employees globally and are growing rapidly. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
Paxful teams tend to have:
- An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
- A proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
- Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
- Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
- An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
- Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
Sound like a fit?
We are seeking a Marketing Generalist who will manage marketing campaigns, oversee relationships with advertising venues, and track and optimize conversion funnels. In close collaboration with the marketing and sales team, you will be responsible for driving and converting traffic in our growth markets. Experience at a start-up is a plus.
What you'll be doing:
- Creating, deploying, and managing online advertising campaigns across various marketing channels
- Building and maintaining relationships with social media influencers
- Execute on our expansion strategy by creating engaging customer-facing communication materials that take into account tone and level of understanding of bitcoin technology
- Strategize marketing and communications initiatives around new product launches
- Organizing seminars, meet-ups, and other in-person events
- Collaborate on UX and A/B testing processes along with conversion optimization
- Making strategic decisions based on existing and potential marketplace liquidity
- Communicate seamlessly with the teams based in Estonia, Hong Kong, and the Philippines.
- Keep abreast of industry news, trends, and developments
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as assigned and participate in project implementation
What you'll bring to the role:
- 3+ years of experience working in marketing, or communications, preferably in FinTech or financial services
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the media and marketing landscape
- Attention to detail and ability to translate complex information into clear and concise copy
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, shifting priorities, and organize work autonomously
- Experience with UX, A/B testing, conversion optimization, and reporting
- Understanding of peer-to-peer marketplace dynamics
Ideally, you'll also have:
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, English, creative writing, journalism, marketing, or a related field
- Experience working in the cryptocurrency, blockchain, ICO, or financial technology industries in a relevant role
- Startup or entrepreneurship experience
- Healthcare insurance, including dental and vision
- Catered lunch and dinner daily, with premium snacks
- Gym membership of your choice and personal training sessions
- Sports nutrition and supplements, massages and chiropractor sessions
- Training and professional development resources
- Paid company events and retreats
- Generous paid time off
- Paid maternity/paternity leave including a one-time bonus to support newborn
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
- Accessible office in the West Village
- Flexible hours