Paxful is one of the world’s leading peer-to-peer bitcoin marketplaces and a universal money translator. Powered by people and a secure escrow service, our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 payment methods that empowers both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in Estonia, with additional offices in New York, Hong Kong, and the Philippines. Currently, we have over 130 dedicated employees globally and are steadily growing by the day. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
Paxful teams tend to have:
- An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
- A proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
- Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
- Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
- An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
- Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
Sound like a fit?
We are looking for a Financial Accountant who will join our Finance team based out in Hong Kong;
What you'll be doing:
An essential part of this role is to provide administrative support for the Finance team. The Financial Accountant will perform duties such as financial reporting & forecasting, managing accounts payable, payroll and working on special projects.
- Review and validate all invoices before entering bills. Monitor and manage accounts payable, process payments and payroll, and correspond with clients as necessary.
- Maintain reconciled bank, manage all daily transactions, and prepare daily reports. Identify, analyze, and correct questionable financial activity.
- Prepare and maintain financial records using QuickBooks accounting software including: proper classification and entry of bank transactions and credit card transactions.
- Perform monthly reconciliations including: coding, classifying, and verifying transactions.
- Enter approved month-end and year-end entries to assist in closing the books and records.
- Create profitability models for new products, features, and ventures within the company.
- Monitor HK office budgets and coordinate with external accounting services providers.
- Responsible for Company audit and annual tax filing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a bookkeeper, accountant, or other relatable experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, handle ambiguity, and shifting priorities.
- Mastery with Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, and other financial tools.
- Experience using bitcoin wallet software is a plus but not a requirement.
- Good command of English and Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin).
- Flexible hours
- Competitive salary
- Premium covered healthcare insurance, including dental
- Catered lunch and dinner daily
- Gym membership
- Sponsorship on employee wellness activities
- Paid maternity/paternity leave including a special one-time bonus to support newborn
- Commuter benefits
- Training and education allowance
- Paid company retreats
- Regular office massage