Paxful is a leading peer-to-peer powered bitcoin marketplace and a universal money translator. Our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 financial networks that empowers both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in New York, with offices in Estonia, Hong Kong, the Philippines and Johannesburg. Currently, we have over 160 dedicated employees globally and are growing rapidly. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
Paxful employees tend to have:
- An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
- A proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
- Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
- Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
- An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
- Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide research about the industry trends, challenges, and opportunities for fraud solutions
- Working with the product and engineering teams to develop internal anti-fraud tools and algorithms
- Develop scalable systems for mitigating fraud and risks
- Maintain, tune, and deploy fraud detection machine learning algorithms for customers
- Work closely with customers, understand fraud use cases and incorporate customer feedback
- Investigate complex solutions to prevent hacker activities
- Use Machine learning and Artificial intelligence techniques to analyze user behavior
- Work closely with Information Security and Security Incident Response team to help them investigate fraud cases and improve anti-fraud algorithms
What you’ll bring to this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Security related technical field
- Expertise in Fraud detection and prevention: anomaly detection, risk management, risk assessment
- Knowledge of technical expertise in machine learning and unsupervised analytics
- 5+ years of experience in fraud detection and prevention systems
- Experience with SQL and distributed data stores (e.g. HBase, Redshift)
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills